Tuesday, October 6, 2009

let's eat cake!

with this wedding i have changed my mind about everything so many times it's unreal. i originally wanted demask and magenta but my mother convinced me that it was too childish and i was looking for a more elegant feel. so from there i changed it to fern green and chocolate brown and ivory which was very pretty but when the $$150 bridesmaid dresses arrived i melted. the fern green looked like poop. that's what led me to change it to purple, which when deciding it was a toss up between green and purple, so now it's an eggplant color which i am totally happy with. it's the deepest darkest most rich purple and it looks like majesty, i love it. so my poor wedding cake got left out in the cold and forgot about. when i went to get my hair done for my bridals i bought :the knot: magazine and saw some cakes that i really liked but didn't think twice about. when i remembered that my cake was still chocolate and ivory i quickly started searching for a new fresh idea. i came across this cake :




and the more i look at it the more i like it and for me that's a big deal because usually the more i look at something the less i like it. . i'm head over heels in love with this cake. my theme for the wedding is "beauty in simplicity" which was something i always used to say before and while me and sparky were dating. so i like how it's carried over into our theme . i don't like big extravagant stuff so everything in 18 days will have a clean simple look. .
oh my, i can't believe the day is finally here.

-mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment